Family Ministry Vision Statement
Family Ministry is the intentional process at Sojourners Church of training, equipping, and charging parents to be the primary gospel modelers, instructors, and correctors of their children in the prayerful hope that they might become mature disciples of Jesus Christ who will declare the glory of God through the gospel of Christ to the next generation.
The Family’s Role - 4 I’s
1. Imitate Christ: Prayer, Bible reading, Corporate worship, etc.
2. Intetional Relational Time: Planned and Spontaneous
3. Intentional Faith Talk: Family Devotions and One-on-one’s
4. Include Spiritual Orphans: Kids whose families are not part of a local church.
The Church’s Role
Sunday School – Sunday - 9:00am–9:45am
- 4-5 year olds - A Sure Foundation*
- 6-9 year olds - The ABCs of God*
- Middle/High School - Gospel-Centered World View
Nursery – Sunday – 10:00am During Worship Service
- 0-3 years olds - A Sure Foundation (toddler curriculum)*
We welcome children ages birth-3 years to be cared for during worship services by a team of caregivers who lead the children in age-appropriate playtime, share God-centered stories and song, and pray for each child. Our prayer is that nursery care will provide even the little ones among us with a firm foundation for loving Jesus.
*We use Children Desiring God curriculum for Nursery through 9 year olds
Youth Group – Wednesdays 6:30–8:00pm
- 5th-12th grade
The following videos provide an overview of Children Desiring God
Family Ministry Resources
- Big Picture Story Bible by David Helm (2–7 year olds)
- Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones (4–8 year olds)
- Gospel Story Bible by Marty Machowski (Preschool–High School)
- Long Story Short Devotional by Marty Machowski (Preschool–High School)
- Old Story New Devotional by Marty Machowski (Preschool–High School)
- Big Truth for Young Hearts by Bruce Ware (9 year olds+)
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Instructing a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens by Paul David Tripp
- Gospel Powered Parenting by William P. Farley
- ApParent Privilege by Steve Wright
- The Legacy Path by Brian Haynes —